I don't get enough sleep. I rarely have. Like right now. It is 10:00 and I could (should) totally be in bed, but I decided to blog about my lack of sleep instead. See how smart I am? Part of my problem is that I enjoy my quiet time too much. My kids go to sleep (sometimes much later than planned), then I get my "me time". I stay up way too late playing on the internet and watching "my shows". It gets worse on the weekends when I think I get to sleep in but, in reality, if I have my boys I get up at the same time I do during the week. I am not a morning person, and this late bedtime doesn't make things better in that department. I literally set my alarm for at least 1/2 hour earlier than I
need to get up because I am a snooze button addict. (Spencer even pushes it for me sometimes. "I will do it, Mommy. ") Speaking of addictions: I am now officially addicted to Diet Coke. It helps me (or, at least, I think it helps me) stay awake at work and wards off headaches (which have been more frequent in my old age). :) I am also addicted to Harmon's Cinnamon Chip Muffins, but that's another story.
Anyway...I love/hate my snooze button. It gives me time to wake up slowly, but sometimes it allows me to wake up
too slowly, and then I have to rush to get ready. So today I decided I need to make a purchase.
Isn't that cool? It forces you to do a puzzle to stop the alarm. It wouldn't allow me to wake up slowly, but maybe it would help me wake up when I need to everyday. I think if I put this alarm clock across the room from my bed I might be able to make it work. I wonder where I can get one.
On another note, I read a quote today that I thought was pretty good. I may as well share it, right?
I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific. - Lily Tomlin
Something to think about, huh?
Love the quote, and the clock! I think I need one of those muffins when I come out this summer.
ReplyDeleteP.S. I love your family picture. You all are so cute!
i saw that alarm clock at urban outfitters last summer. they also had another one where you had to use this laser thing and hit the alarm clock in an exact spot to make it shut off. :)
ReplyDeleteAshlie I think that laser one would be perfect. I should find one. :)
ReplyDelete