Wednesday, June 22, 2011
Just Mommy
I was lying in bed last night and couldn't sleep. I got thinking about something. In the past few months some new nicknames have become popular in our little family. I'm not sure where they all came from, but the names Popsarooni, Ethanator, and Spencerilla are used pretty frequently around these parts. What I was thinking last night was the fact that I don't have one of those silly nicknames. I am always just Mommy. For a second I wondered why that was, but then I realized it didn't matter. I am perfectly happy just being Mommy. I love being Mommy. In light of the fact that I quit my job yesterday, I am excited for the opportunity I will have to be just a mommy for a while. I am also very nervous. It's hard to quit a job that you like, that you've had for almost two years, and that was sort of a saving grace for you at one point in your life. I am starting to realize that my job at Deseret First has become a bit of a security blanket for me. I don't know if it's just the timing of when I got the job, the people I have become friends with there, the fact that I've been there for as long as I have, or something else entirely, but I think I'll be really sad when I'm done. Of course, since I'm no stranger to mixed emotions, I know that at the same time I'll be very happy to once again have the chance to be "just Mommy".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment