Look at me. Only four days later! :)
Ethan and Patrick had their fall break from school last Thursday and Friday. Although we didn't do anything special on those days, it was nice to see them a little bit more than normal. On Saturday Patrick and I went with my mom and dad up to Pine Valley and to see the Mountain Meadows Massacre memorial. Before this weekend I didn't know that the massacre occurred on September 11 (interesting coincidence) or how many women and children were killed in the attack. So sad.
The boys spent most of the weekend with Shaun. They had fun, like always. They roasted marshmallows over a fire on Friday night and went on a pretty long bike ride together on Saturday. Yesterday they had to go along with Daddy to help film a movie for one of his friends. Spencer ended up playing a small role in the movie. Shaun said he was very excited (and I'm sure he was) to be the little boy getting ripped apart by two zombies, but by the time I got there to pick the boys up, he looked like this:
Apparently, the waiting between takes was too much for him. It was "taking forever". He was having fun though, because during the second take he looked like this:
I don't know if you can tell, but he is smiling, maybe even laughing. The last take went really well. I think it was partly because he was really mad, but he also understood what he was doing and played the pain/fear thing pretty well.
Overall, it was a pretty good weekend and a nice break from school.
I also wanted to add a couple of "Spencerisms" to this post. Although I'm sure I could write an entire post every day of the silly/crazy things he says, I'll try not to overdo it.
Today Spencer has probably already said "This is freaking me out" about 12 times. Before today, I had never heard him say it. I'm not sure where he got it from, but his definition of what it means is that "you hold your breath for ten seconds, but you don't die". Oooookay. :)
On our way back from dropping Ethan off at school this morning, I said "Oh my heck!" about something. Then Spencer said, "Oh my James!" I asked him why James, and he said, "Because it's my favorite word". I seriously love this kid!!
No comments:
Post a Comment